I bought this fabric as I thought it looked cute! lol!!
Every year I do an egg hunt at Easter for the Grandkids & decided that instead of trying to find a container for the Grandkids to put the eggs in that they find, I would make some little bags for them to use and here is the end result.
I think you will agree that they look ok , I will let you know what the kids think of them after Easter! lol!
This bag measures approx 6" x 9" & holds 25 cadburys cream eggs!!
(These instructions presume some basic sewing Knowledge)
1. Cut out 1 piece of Fabric 7" wide x 20" long (for the bag)
Plus 2 pieces 2.5" x 10" (for the handles)
2. fold the 2.5"x10" pieces to make the handles and sew together
3. press a 1" hem to both of the short sides of the 7" x 20" piece of fabric
4. place the handle strips & pin 0.5" in from the presses hem
5. sew the hems ensuring you also sew in the handles
6. sew a further strip to the top of the bag to further secure the handles
7. Fold the fabric up with Right sides together & pin ensuring the top edges of the bag is straight
8. Double sew up both sides of the bag, making sure you use reverse stick when beginning & finishing to secure the bag
9. Turn the right way round and press
you could also add velcrose to the top of the bag if required